Henkel reveals strong sales growth
Henkel has reported good organic sales growth with strong earnings, profitability and cash flow.
The Adhesive Technologies business unit delivered strong organic sales growth of 4.0 percent. Organically, sales in the Beauty Care business unit were also 0.7 percent below prior year. The Laundry & Home Care business unit also reported a good increase in organic sales of 1.9 percent.
- Sales at 19.9 billion euros: impacted by negative currency effects of 1.1 billion euros; organic growth +2.4%
- Increase in operating profit: +1.0% to 3,496 million euros
- Further EBIT margin improvement: +30 basis points to 17.6%
- Earnings per preferred share (EPS)1: +2.7% to 6.01 euros, at constant exchange rates +7%
- Strong expansion of free cash flow: +12.7% to 1,917 million euros
- Record dividend2 payout: +3.4% to 1.85 euros per preferred share
- Very good progress in the implementation of strategic priorities
- Growth initiatives underline the commitment to profitable growth